It may also be used as a DMX splitter in a DMX only system, or as a filter in an RDM system to prevent RDM commands affecting legacy DMX devices. It provides bi-directional transfer of data according to the RDM ENSA standard between its floating input (RDM “response” port) and its 8 isolated outputs (RDM “command” ports). The RDM8 is compatible with protocols ANSI E1.11 (DMX) and ANSI E1.20 (RDM).
- Floating input with through connector
- LED indicator for RDM/DMX signal input
- 8 outputs, each isolated to 500VDC from Earth, from each other, and from the input
- LED indicator for RDM/DMX signals on each output, active both transmitting and receiving
- Power good LED indicator
- All outputs use 5 volt RS485 drivers for maximum signal drive and integrity